Sunday, July 22, 2007

You Know You're Getting Older When....

I'm going two in a row today because I dont think I can blog in the next few weeks. No, I still do not have a life. The difference is that I am obliged, this time, to actually DO something for a change. And yes, I did use the word oblige..it means what it means..there's nothing more I can add to that.

My good friend ambo said that blogging activity is congruent to one's personal life. The more you blog, the less of a life you have. Though I'd like to conk him in the head for being too real for comfort..he is absofuckinlutely right. The times I blog are the times when I'm bored outta my skull. Today is a perfect example. I'm holed up in Tagaytay..with nothing better to do..just waiting and waiting for things to happen ..,and honestly thinking of ways to stir the pot. While, I wait, I blog.

I am so NOT looking forward to my sked this week. I'll be busy entertaining a grp of people who have have come all the way from Australia to see Andy and I. See? We are good people after all...and yes, our friends are as nuts as we are. I love them to pieces but David having undergone surgery just a few days ago..makes it more difficult for me to appear chirpy and upbeat. I can only mask my worry for one day...anything longer than that, Id probably need a plastic surgeon.

BUT...what else can I do but let it slide....

As Ive said before, this is a terrible, terrible year for me...so, perfect timing should be the least of my expectations.

So..what to write about? Hmmmm..let's write about age. It's quite an easy subject. So..here goes...signs that you're getting older!

You know you're getting older when:

People insert the word "po" after every sentence.
Salesladies refer to you as M'am or Ate.
You suddenly feel that older men have the hots for you.
Your favorite song in high school has already been remade like, 3 times.
Your high school crush is now a member of the cabinet....ewwwwww!
The word "reminiscing" is now used more than ever!
Your favorite bands in high school are now considered rock legends in music.
You feel squeamish and embarrassed just by the thought of having a Friendster account.
And in effect, you try to make your profile as less fussy as possible.
You wonder about your exes and crsuhes...if theyre ok, if theyre still hot, if they regret not marrying you..and other self-absorbed concerns like that.
Getting a plastic surgeon doesnt sound as far-off as it once was.
People just automatically show respect. Sure, that sounds great and all but I do miss being a part of the madness. The hypocrisy that older people get is way too sanitized for me.

OK, that's it for now.

And PS...im half-joking for the most part so pls dont take me too seriously. Im just nuts today...must be the damn heat, hahahahahaha!

13 comments:

houseband00 said...

Haha!

Tumatanda na tayo!!! =)

test111 said...

What happened to David?

And this is to true - Your favorite bands in high school are now considered rock legends in music - Saw Duran Duran on TV last week for Lady Di's b-day. They look really old, I felt old.

The more you blog, the less of a life you have. --- haha, tumpak!

leeney said...

Hi E!
Yeah..we're getting older na. Forgot to add...we also like talking about sakit, medicine, and doctors. Hahaha!
Puthhhetic.

leeney said...

Hi MInds! David needed surgery for his 3 impacted teeth..but all in all, they pulled out 10. He's okay..didnt feel a thing even after 3 hours of surgery. His very first words post-op was "Mom..when's my operation?" Haha..astig, mana sa akin.
Yeah..the Duran Duarn guys r sooo old na! Cant believe they used to be sooo hot. There was a time when Id do backflips for JOhn Taylor on command..now, I wouldnt even do a doubletake.
Oo, at tama nga si ambo no? Di ba ang sarap sapakin ..lalo na kung gusto kong magblog....nagda dalawang isip pa ko, hahaha!

test111 said...

Ano? 10?! Di nga? Yeooouch talaga basta pagdating sa teeth. Brave naman ni David. :)

Kahit si John Taylor shonget na rin! :( Whaa!?! Mas poging pa si E eh. Heheh...

Anonymous said...

Hi There, hope David recovers, 10!! Ouch, he needs a lot of rest

Talaga sinabi ni ambo yun?? hehe point taken, but there are folks who still blog often kahit loaded ang social calendar, like, hmm, this :)

Oh well, you're not aging, you're ageless naks parang Dove commercial hekhek!

Hope you have time and energy to see us :(

-Gracie

test111 said...

Psst...where are you? May PM ako sa iyo sa alam mo na hehe. Matatawa ka.

leeney said...

Mindy! I got your pm na from "alam mo na." Ha-ha! Lintekkk, ang hirap talaga ng wlang "breathing" no???
Oh well...a lait a day, keeps the psychiatrist away. So, yung mga ganyang klase..bring it on! Id be bored without them! Ha-ha!

leeney said...

guhraysee! Yeah, i need to see ppl! Ive only gone out with 2 grps of friends..others r not even aware na im in town.

yeah..we should go out! ill be here in pinas till the 25th naman eh.tc!

Anonymous said...

Lyn, I just read (& fully digested) the 'tagged' thing you mentioned! And as usual, late na naman ang sagot, but I'll do it..give me a few months..haha!

And, yeah, people around me are slapping me with you-are-old niceties--can be so annoying esp. when they look older than us! (My sis dropped the bomb when she said I looked older than Tony!! She said it when I was about to be wheeled to the operating room!!)

And David had surgery? Oh, I didn't know that. There I was thinking I had a bad deal with laparoscopy and this child went through a much delicate operation. Boy, I am ashamed.

Anonymous said...

You know what's annoying? When older people call you "ate" or "kuya" and say "po" to you.

leeney said...

Hey helga...dont give it much thought. It's just us oldies trying to hold on to our youth....in the most pathetic manner. We think by saying po..we'd be transformed into young, hot babes.

Had no idea we were scaring and annoying the hell out of you young ones. Sorry po, di na po uulit.

leeney said...

Che!

I read your Tag! Nice, nice!

I have another tag coming but I havent willed myself to do it. I keep on thinking of the words "no life" and "blogging." The two are intertwined and they are floating and danggling right in front of me.

Im back at it so obviously my life is back at a slow, slow pace. haha!